Last updated November 27, 2020
Use of the Services
Our Services uses automatic speech recognition technology and machine translation to convert voice into text in multiple languages. Among other things, Zoi Meet technology makes voice conversations searchable, retrievable and analyzable. The service also enables you to share conversations and associated transcripts with others.
We will make the Services available to you. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services, including high-speed internet.
The Services provide a feature that allows you to record individual conversations and/or upload recorded conversations. The laws regarding the notice and notification requirements of such recorded conversations vary by location.
Customer retains all ownership rights in Customer Data. However, by transmitting, uploading or posting Customer Data on or through the Services, you hereby grant Zoi Meet a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, license to access, process, copy, export, and display Customer Data, only as reasonably necessary
(a) to provide, maintain and update the Services;
(b) to prevent or address service, security, support or technical issues;
(c) as required by law; and
(d) as expressly permitted in writing by Customer.
Customer represents and warrants that it has secured all rights in and to Customer Data as may be necessary to grant this license.
Registration and Account Security
- To use certain features or areas of the Services, you will be required to provide personal and/or demographic information as part of a registration or login process and to create an account (“Account”). In addition, certain features of the Services are only available to our registered users, and to access those areas of the Services you will be required to log in using your username and password. In connection with such registration, Zoi Meet may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a username (or email address) or screen name that is already being used by someone else, that may be construed as impersonating another person, that belongs to another person, that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person, that is offensive, or that Zoi Meet rejects for any other reason in its sole discretion.
- If you choose, or are provided with a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You are responsible for all activity occurring when the Services are accessed through your account, whether authorized by you or not. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or Account information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal informationWe are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or Account information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information
- We have the right to disable any user name, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms.
During the beta test, no payment is required, and as such no payment information is collected.
Purposes and Use of Personal Information
Zoi Meet BV collects and uses your personal data exclusively within the framework of the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation. In the following, we inform you about the type, scope, and purposes of the collection and use of personal data. You can access this information at any time on our website, www.zoimeet.com.
Scope of Data Protection
Data protection concerns personal data as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation, i.e. all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Identifiable is any natural person who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by assignment to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or one or more special characteristics. Usage data is data required to use our website; this data includes the start, end, and extent of the user’s website use.
Please feel free to address any questions or concerns regarding data protection or privacy to [email protected]
Information We Collect
When you access our website, your device automatically transmits certain data for technical reasons. The following data is stored separately from any other data you may transmit to us:
- Date and time of access
- Browser type and version
- Browser preferred language
- Device screen size
- Operating system
- URL of the website visited prior to ours
- Amount of data sent
- User interface pattern
- Requesting domain
- Notification of successful data retrieval
- Search term when using a web browser
- Shortened/anonymized IP
- Full IP address (for a maximum of 14 days)
Retention of Personal Information
This data is stored for purely technical reasons and is never associated with any particular individual. The data about website access is used for error analysis, ensuring the security of the systems, logging of access to paid services (e.g. Zoi Meet (Professional)), and to improve our translation service. For legitimate reasons, the full IP address is used to achieve the stated purposes for a very short period of a maximum of 14 days.
Access and Storage of User Data
- Transcriptions and translations — Zoi Meet (Beta)
If you use our transcription or translation service, you transfer to our servers all audio or texts you would like to transcribe or translate. This is required for us to perform the transcription or translation and to provide you with service. We store your audio, texts and the translation for a limited period of time in order to train and improve our transcription and translation algorithm.
If you make corrections to our suggested transcription or translations, these corrections will also be transferred to our server in order to check the corrections for accuracy and, if necessary, to update the translated text in accordance with your changes. We also store your corrections for a limited period of time in order to train and improve our translation algorithm.
We use “cookies” to provide you with a wide range of functionalities and enhance your user experience. Cookies are tiny files stored on your computer through your browser. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may deactivate cookie storage on your computer by changing your browser settings accordingly. Please note that the proper functioning of the website may be impaired and the range of functionalities may be limited if you deactivate cookies.
In particular, we are using the following cookies:
- Cookies to store your preferred languages and custom settings
- Cookies to store your Zoi Meet (Free) and Zoi Meet (Professional) login information
- Cookies with an individual identifier to re-identify your browser
- Pseudonymous user profiles
We use a cookie to re-identify your browser and to generate pseudonymous user profiles. Such profiles are used to store certain non-personal technical information on your use of our service (such as your preferred language and corrections you made to your translations). We use this data to improve our translation service, to train our algorithm and to get statistical insights on the use of our service.
If you do not want us to generate such profiles, you can opt-out by selecting the following option:
- I refuse the storage of my user profile
- If you refuse storage of your user profile, we will set a cookie which identifies your browser and allows us to exclude your browser from future generation of user profiles
- The cookies mentioned above are so-called first-party cookies. This means that the above statistics apply only to the use of our website
- Google Analytics (with anonymization function)
We use Google Analytics with the anonymization function. By means of this addition, Google shortens and anonymizes the IP address of the Internet connection of the person concerned, if our Internet pages are accessed from a member state of the European Union or from another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
You may deactivate Google Analytics with the help of a browser add-on if you do not want this website analysis. This add-on can be downloaded here. You can also activate the “I refuse the storage of my user profile” option above, which will deactivate the Google Analytics service on our website in your browser.
- Google Calendar Connection
Zoi Meet will use https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar to show a user’s Google calendar data on the meeting scheduling screen of the user’s Zoi Meet account, so that users can manage their schedules and sync the changes with their Google calendar. Zoi Meet’s use of information received from Google API’s will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including limited use requirements.
Comments and Questions
Please send your comments and questions regarding this policy to the following address:
Zoi Meet BV
Stationsplein 45 Unit A4.004
3013AK Rotterdam, The Netherlands